CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. ALL PERSONS INTENDING TO BID MUST HAVE A BUYERS NUMBER. NO BID WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT A REGISTERED NUMBER.
2. GFL Fine Art can act as agent for the seller and a seller in its own right.
3. The highest bidder shall be the buyer. In the event of a dispute as to the bidding of any lot, that lot may be offered again at the discretion of the Auctioneer whose decision shall be absolute and final.
4. The Auctioneer has the right:
(i) to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion;
(ii) to accept a reserve price on any lot
(iii) to place a bid or bid on behalf of the seller;
(iv) to withdraw any lot from sale; and
(v) to refuse any bid.
5. At the discretion of the Auctioneer every bid shall be at least 5 percent in advance of the previous one and no person may retract his or her bid after once made.
6. The balance of the purchase price shall be paid within 24 hours of the termination of the sale, or as declared by the Auctioneer whichever is the sooner.
7. The whole of the lots having been available for inspection, no allowance or refunds will be made, nor will any buyer be permitted to reject any lot on the grounds that it is not correctly described. The said lots are to be taken with all faults (if any) and will be at the buyer’s risk on the fall of the hammer and thereafter the Vendor will be free of all responsibility for safeguarding the goods and will not be liable for any loss or damage to the goods sold, whether such loss or damages caused or contributed to by any act, neglect or default of the Vendor, its Servants, Employees or Agents.
8. Notwithstanding any other terms and conditions, if within twenty eight (28) days after the sale, GFL Fine Art shall receive from the buyer notice in writing accompanied by the written opinion of a competent expert or authority, that the property is a forgery and not later than seven days after such notification the buyer return the property to GFL Fine Art in the same condition as at the time of sale and satisfies GFL Fine Art that the property is a forgery, the purchase price shall be refunded.
9. Upon the purchaser failing to comply with any of the above conditions all moneys received in part payment shall be absolutely forfeited to the Vendor, and all lots uncleared may be resold by Public Auction or Private Contract and the deficiency (if any) on such resale, together with all costs and charges attending, shall be made good by the defaulter at the sale.
10. All goods which have been paid for in full must be removed by the Purchaser at the purchaser’s expense as advised by the Auctioneers.
11. Time shall be the essence of the sale of any lot.
12. Whilst every care has been taken in Advertising and in the compilation of this catalogue, the Auctioneers and/or Vendors accept NO RESPONSIBILITY for any misdescription and make no warranty whatsoever. Measurements are approximate and intended only as a guide to prospective purchasers.
13. Terms strictly settlement of account before delivery.
14. Members of the public attend at their own risk, no responsibility is accepted for any accident.
15. The buyer is wholly responsible for any damage to property or injury to persons incurred during the removal of a lot or lots purchased, including damage or injury caused by their agents or employees.